Help

egem26

so im trying to build a pretty decent sized system in my crown vic. right now i have 2 alpine type r 12 in a ported box, and a Pyle PLA2200 2-Channel 1,400-Watt Bridgeable Mosfet Amplifier powering them.

then i want to build a custom center console with 4 Gear X Series 5" 200-Watt Mid Bass Woofers. i have 2 kicker impulse 325xi amplifiers to power those. then i have a Pyle PLMRA400 400-Watt 4-Channel Waterproof Marine/Car Amplifier powering 2 Kenwood Kfc-p709ps 6.5" and 2 Infinity Reference 6832cf 6 x 8. i have a Pioneer, DEHX2600UI head for it. this is everything i have, i really need to know what i need. do i need a second battery, or can i get away with a capacitor. also should i get an equalizer? if so any suggestions? i was also thinking of getting a second 1400 wat amp and putting one to each alpine.... i think ill just be drawing too much power at that point though.

Basically this ^

Seriously sell those Pyle amps on CL and buy some quality stuff. You end up spending more in the long run replacing bad amps than if you had just bought something quality in the first place.

If I read what you wrote correctly, sounds like you're going to have too much mids/highs and not enough sub to keep up. Do not purchase a capacitor. Absolute waste of money and will only add more strain on your electrical.

A good read on caps: Car Audio CAPACITORS: Why They DON'T Work

i listen to mostly country, mids and highs are important to me, i have the type rs because a buddy of mine helped me out on the price of them... if you havent caught my drift, money is a little bit of an issue for me. the amps ive gathered over time at discount prices and now im trying to piece it all together.

What you're being told here is you're going to end up spending more money if you run that gear. If you want quality sound, you have to use quality amps.

1400 watts from a pyle? you'll be lucky getting 200 actual watts out of it. Still, run it if you have no means to buy any other amplifier. Just becareful setting your gains and dont expect much out of it. If you do decide to get an actual amp, check back with the forum first or else you'll waste your money on junk again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.