help

hcaz

ohio
Want to get a few subwoofers and an amp along with speakers for my truck. I dont know too much about car audio, I did have 2 12" kicker cvx subwoofers with 2 1500 watt mono amps a few years back while they were very loud the sound quality wasnt that great, half the time I couldnt hear any of the words to songs. If anyone can give me some ssuggestions on good subs with an amp I would appreciate it, looking for 2 12s that push at least 1500 watts each and either a mono amp I can bridge or a two channel amp that will push them to their full potential. Any information helps.

Want to get a few subwoofers and an amp along with speakers for my truck. I dont know too much about car audio, I did have 2 12" kicker cvx subwoofers with 2 1500 watt mono amps a few years back while they were very loud the sound quality wasnt that great, half the time I couldnt hear any of the words to songs. If anyone can give me some ssuggestions on good subs with an amp I would appreciate it, looking for 2 12s that push at least 1500 watts each and either a mono amp I can bridge or a two channel amp that will push them to their full potential. Any information helps.
We can recommend a lot of different subs, but we need a budget to start with.....

What vehicle?A lot of trucks these days have a limited amount of space, especially non Xcab or Dual cal ext.And not willing to give some space up even..Goals intended for subs/space given up,and truck model/year will help alot with what has worked best from others experience within your budget

I have a gmc sierra thay I was thinking of puting a sysyem in when I made the post, I understand I would need to buy a custom box of some sort, alsso I had thoughts of putting a system in my ford explorer. Any information on either car, or just recommending products will help. I want great soundimg bass without losing sound quality. Looking to get 2 subwoofers, all new.speakers and an amp. Thanks for the help guys!

I have a gmc sierra thay I was thinking of puting a sysyem in when I made the post, I understand I would need to buy a custom box of some sort, alsso I had thoughts of putting a system in my ford explorer. Any information on either car, or just recommending products will help. I want great soundimg bass without losing sound quality. Looking to get 2 subwoofers, all new.speakers and an amp. Thanks for the help guys!
What year Sierra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before you proceed, you have to make sure you don't make the same mistakes as before. If bass was drowning out your mids/highs on 1.5kW, it will be even worse with more powerful subs. You have to make sure you get good front stage components, probably rear fill speakers, and have them properly amplified. Don't forget that 2 $400 subs quickly turn into a $2k build. You'll need a 3+kW amp to run something like the havocs, 4 speakers, and another amp for those, and a box, and installation equipment.

Something tells me what this guy thinks is 1500watts isn't really 1500watts.

You are gonna spend at the very least $1000 on electrical alone if you want a true 3k.

With 12's you'll also have to ditch the rear seat so if that's not an option for you like it's not for me in my 04 Sierra ext... You gotta lift that seat... I built a 2" seat lift assembly and still have enough material to make a few more if your interested... Also I'm going with 2 sundown x8's on 22-2500rms awaiting the arrival of my box from CSCStang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something tells me what this guy thinks is 1500watts isn't really 1500watts.
You are gonna spend at the very least $1000 on electrical alone if you want a true 3k.
I understand it will cost a little money, i paid close to that before, like i said i had two kicker cvx that pushed 1500 each with two mono 2000 watt amps along with kicker ks 65s with a seperate amp for those, bass hit hard and sounded good, i just couldnt hear the lyrics half the time, any suggestions??

I understand it will cost a little money, i paid close to that before, like i said i had two kicker cvx that pushed 1500 each with two mono 2000 watt amps along with kicker ks 65s with a seperate amp for those, bass hit hard and sounded good, i just couldnt hear the lyrics half the time, any suggestions??
CVX won't take 1500. Which amps?

I understand what the cost may be, im just looking for some suggestions, on everything, head unit,(right now am using the pioneer avh x5600bhs), box, subwoofers, amp, and all around speakers...any suggestions will help. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.