HF vs. SS

Participant count
  • Participant list
If both put out the same amount of power you really wont hear any differences. Both have a good amount of crossover options and both will sound good at rated power.

I'd say that you didnt waste any money on either amp...Both are solid performers of the mid range brands.

i had a bx605 it was the biggest pos i ever had it wont over heat unless i had my windows down, now i got a pca 2000d, and its takes like 30min to even get warm

i wouldnt be a newb w/o a "vs." thread...
Hifonics BX series vs. Soundstream PCA series, man at the shop told me hifonics was a superior product, is he just tryin to push his product or did i spend to way much for a soundstream ?

We were soundstream dealers last year, 7 out of 11 of the VGA series we sold came back to us within 2 months. 4 of the 7 we sent off for repair came back later. We only installed 1 of the amps, but it was still the craziest ish I have ever seen. Needless to say, we dont sell soundstream anymore.

i had a BX1605D on an SX12 that did very well. lasted 2 months till it got flooded. pretty decent amp for it's price.

i have a PCA2000D that was hooked up to my 05XXX that lasted 3 months.. very good amp but really power hungry. had nasty voltage drops while wired to 1ohm. ended up sending direct current into my sub so i finally sent it in to get an evaluation for repair from it's insurance. hopefully they can't fix it and reimburse me. or if they do, i'll buy another amp anyways and sell it for dirt cheap of what i payed for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jep772

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
Jep772
Indianapolis, IN.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date