hfi3000d, who's used it

thegreatestpenn
5,000+ posts

lazy genius
columbus
was looking around on ebay for what's new and saw the hifonics hfi3000d. i knew of the 2500 but never saw the 3000d. To my dismay they aren't strappable, but they still look like they would be good for a budget spl build. Anyone use them yet? Likes and dislikes.

note: if your goal is to bash hifonics exit stage left kthxbye

You'll still get a bunch of Hifonics/Maxxsonics bashers to bite on this one.

I did a quick online search and found both positive and negative comments on this amp. Although no one could actually give clamped numbers, a few 'claimed' the amp doesn't do rated power. While those who liked the amp say it's a good deal. Hifonics recommends a 250 amp fuse for this amp and a quick numbers check says at 70% efficency that 'should' yield around 2500 watts.

By the way, you can buy this amp on the VMInnovations site for around $262 + free shipping after using the "FACEBOOK" 5% discount code.

I would be interested to see guts pics and a real world test of its abilities though.

I like Hifonics, I've owned 3 of their amps, A BXi1206D, BRE60.4 and HFi100.4, I like the Brutus', but the HFi was disappointing, it was really overrated, I couldn't tell the difference between it and my old school Pioneer that's rated at 50x4.

I have to say the new BRZ amps are an excellent amp. Both of my BRZ 2100.1d's do rated and then some.

My 2ch ZXI 200.2 even gave me about 910 rms bridged(clamped).

I have no complaints at this point so far.

I agree, it would be kinda neat to see a budget SPL build with it. Im not even sure what else could really compete with it other than an AP30001D. What other budget SPL amps are out there that are some what reliable?

We need a battle of the $250-$300 budget SPL amps.... CAGE MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!

For $20 more, I would get a rubicon 2500 from OCS. I personally don't have anything against hifonics cause I think they make a good budget product but those HFI series has been clamped and proved to be underrated and clipped easily.

That Lanzar's owners manual says recommended fusing is 250A so, even at 0.5 ohm, I doubt you would see anywhere near 5000 watts.

Would like to see a guts shot of the Hifonics 3000d next to the Lanzar. Very similiar internals I would bet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.