HID Housing

Participant count
  • Participant list

dafobbishon3
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Texas
I just got a kit off of DDM Tuning and now I need to look for projector housing or retrofitting, or just halos put into my stock housing if that is best.

Does anyone know a good reliable site or store where I can get some for cheapz?

Car: Honda Civic 2003.

I was looking on ebay for some, and I know they are cheap, heck some even come with HID kits, but I don't know if those new projector housing will have the same bulb size as my factory housing and in the description, most of them don't say what bulb size fits their projector housing.

Ebay is the first place to check. You want to find projectors that are $50 or less. Bulb type is not going to matter much for your car because it will be for the projector you get. You stock bulb. Will be no longer. If there is a slight crack, dent, or scratch doesn't matter because those things can be fixed to make it work if you are really into making it happen. Don't expect everything to be quick and plug n play. There will always be some kind of modification somewhere, so just expect it. But it can be done. Key is to plan it out before just getting into it.

My advice, and will be the best direction you can go. Look in your local wrecking yard for your same type make and model car. If the headlights are in good condition purchase those for cheap. Do all you mods on that set when done you only need to transfer to your car. This will allow you still drive your ride while working on your project until done.

Not all retro fits need to be bixenon, some hid bulbs that are cross referenced with halogen numbers with have the low/high option. So know your bulb type and then check for HIDs that can work without needing the bixenon soleniod switch. there are some good vids on youtube especially a 4 part vid from Izn Trbl. Usually his vids will show up first because they are popular.

I am working on my set and a buddys and we both purchased extra set of headlights from a wrecking yard to mod up. Once you are ready then all you need to do before you remove the originals is to mark you aim/beam, install the mod and adjust and aim as needed.

If you look just right you can do a decent retrofit for under $100. No need to spend $300-500 like other forums claim. So far I am at $75.

Hope it helps.

GDA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dafobbishon3

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
dafobbishon3
Texas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date