Hifonics 1610 is it overrated

My63impala
10+ year member

Have been hearing alot of mix opinions about the new hifonics 1610 but no facts. I know that hifonics in the past has overrated there amps but has anything changed? Some say they final came around and they will do there 1600rms. here is a pretty good reply i heard on another site

"Same thing for the Hifonics BXI 1610D, its got two 70a fuses:

140amp x 14v = 1960watts

1960watts x .90 efficiency = 1764watts

It can do ~1750 watts but its only rated at 1600 watts at 1ohm.

Although the Hifonics BXI 1210D is still overrated since it only has an 80 amp fuse. I think they are starting to bench their amps at 12v instead of 15v like they did with their 08 models. Finally a step in the right direction."

What do you guys think i already have 1 but no subs so i cant test it and but also how do you guys think 2 15s Lethal injections and the hifonics 1610 will sound:confused:

Its rated at 14.4, so at 12V youll get less. But they are strong. And dont go by fuse ratings all the time. Ive run my SAE-1200D on a 50 amp fuse to get in a lower class

so this might be a dumb question but am going to be running at 12v max will i still able to get around 1,300rms or must it be 13 or 14v
You have to run with your car off? I'm scared to even try that...lol..

so this might be a dumb question but am going to be running at 12v max will i still able to get around 1,300rms or must it be 13 or 14v
how are you going to run at 12 volts max if your car battery sits at just over 12v sitting there? when you start the car up your voltage will get to probably the mid 13s.

Its rated at 14.4, so at 12V youll get less. But they are strong. And dont go by fuse ratings all the time. Ive run my SAE-1200D on a 50 amp fuse to get in a lower class
Just for burps, right? It takes 50% over the rated fusing for 5 seconds to blow a fuse, so you could probably get away with even more if you're just doing a short 1-2 second burp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.