Hifonics Brutus vs Pionner GM

Braindead

Senior VIP Member
York, SC
I have a budget to stick to and it allows me $200 for an amp to push one stock Fi SSD 12. I wanna wire it down to one ohm, and only want to give up the space for one sub in a 3 cube box, but I digress. Would the 1600.1 Brutus be a better choice for me, or would 600w rms extra fry my voice coils as I'll be using it for a daily setup? The Pioneer GM is around 1200w rms but I'm feeling that hifonics passes up pioneer in quality, is that true?

P.S I'll upgrade to a sundown saz 1500d in about a year, but thats a year from now haha. For now I've been researching and setting up this build for a couple months now, the subs being built and it's time to get it all in haha

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

GM-D9601 - Class D Mono Amplifier with Wired Bass Boost Remote | Pioneer Electronics USA

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

If i got the extra cooling or upgraded voice coils on the sub could it take the extra 600w? Thanks

I'd recommend the Brutus amp. It will do RMS power @ 14.4. I've had the 1200w and currently have the 2500w Elite. The Hifonics Brutus line is pretty nice for the price. Never really liked Pioneer personally, haven't heard great things about them and my Pioneer 6x9s blew so...

The sub while well made I doubt itll take anything over 1200 for daily. Iirc its just a 2.5inch voice coil which can be good for upwards of 1500 if you are really careful. But I wouldnt personally send any more than 1200 w to that sub

It will handle the 1600.1, more than likely it will only ever see about 1300 watts considering voltage drops, and efficiency.
I agree, I have a brutus 1700.1 and if your aiming for over 1000watts don't get the 1100

Hifonics Brutus line is very good. Also CEA-2006 compliant so you will get the power you pay for. I just installed a BRX2400.1D amp pushing my 2 12" Pioneer Champions. I gotta say, I am very pleased!

CEA complaint just means they do there rated power, at a achievable voltage. That does mean that at maybe 14.6 they might hit there rated power, but at 13.6, there efficiency will throw it off, to where they might be only doing 1200 watts. correct me if am wrong, but i think someone clamped one a while ago, with an Oscope monitoring

The thing is these amp do really cloee to rated I dont know why they are getting a bad rep yes the hifi and zeus monoblocks are overrated but the brz bre lines make really close to rated he doesnt need 1500w so why does he need a brz1600 when the brz1100 will give him the 1000w he needs. Hifonics has been grouped in with audiopipe too much lately cea ratings mean they make 4ohm power at 14.4v they dont test other ohm loads.

only problem hifonics really had was a run of bad bxi amps a few years back

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.