High output alternator Worth it?

its not that far.. is that the biggest battery ill be able to fit...or can i just relocate it to the trunk and if i do what would i need to do?
i doubt u can fit that one under your hood. wouldn't hurt to try tho.. if not, put it in the trunk.

whats a good battery for under the hood im looking at the optima red top group 34 i can get it for 169
If you are running more than one battery in an isolated configuration, a RedTop will work just fine as a starting battery. If you are using this battery for both starting and running your car audio equipment, we strongly recommend a dual-purpose YellowTop. Both batteries come with three-year free replacement warranties.

If you are mounting a battery in an enclosed space (trunk or interior), the battery should be properly-vented to the outside. Optima group 27, 51, 78, 34C and 31 batteries all have ports for connecting a vent hose. If you have any other questions about our batteries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jim McIlvaine

eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.

Optima Batteries | Facebook

but shouldn't they be the same im not going to run the sound system with the car off. so your recommending that i run a red top under the hood and a yellow top with a isolator in the trunk?

Hi tweety_5150,

Engine running or not, if your batteries are wired in a parallel configuration, they should be the same age, size and type. If the battery under your hood is only used for starting and is isolated from the audio system you are describing, a RedTop will work just fine. You can always play it safe and just buy two (or more) identical, deep-cycle batteries.

Jim McIlvaine

eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.

Optima Batteries | Facebook

sorry to bust in on this thread. but ive got a question. im about to be running 2000watts rms. and my stock alt only puts out 95 amps. proly like 50 at idle. idk.

my previous system i was running 500 watts rms and my lights were dimming like a motha. so i HAVE to get a HO alt right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.