Highest Quality Audio HU?

timma100
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Just bought a 05 Altima, has a bose system in it, (including the deck) I looked in the trunk and it seems to have a small amp or audio processor already integrated. What im looking for is a deck with the absolute highest quality audio output, integrated 24bit DAC, and 192Khz sampling are what im looking for.. Is that unrealistic?

What are you goals for the vehicle's sound system? What will be your most common sources of music? CD? iPod/iPhone? SiriusXM?

A lot of people now are leaving the factory head unit in place and adding a processor and enough amplifiers to power every speaker. Short of a head unit like the Pioneer P99RS, virtually every other in-dash unit is going to come up short on tuning power.

What trumpet said..... Have to agree tho after first hand use and first hand listening the pioneer 99prs is the best single din out there but be prepared to pay a grand

I'm planning to replace the system with Hertz equipment if the new SA comp set doesn't impress me. Probably a 5Channel Hertz amp in the trunk where the bose one is now.. Probably an SA8v2 or Comparable Hertz sub in the trunk. Looking for balance over SPL.. On a side note, the front pillars in the car have a higher spot for a second set of tweeters.. Would two sets of SQ tweeters be a good option? or would it just be pointless

If you go hertz pick carefully. Both the HSK XL and Mille are amazing but totally different.
There is a local shop here that only does hertz equipment, they are cool enough to have all of their show cars open to anyone who wants to take a listen. Although I did see them blow a sub once. Laughed a little...

Consider a 3 way component set up front depending on space.
there are 6.5s in each door, and 6/9s on the rear deck, It seems like the two tweeters in the pillars are the only highs in the car.. But I assume the 6/9s are coaxial to give the back seats highs.. Would going coaxial on every speaker be a bad idea? Some part of me says yes, but I dont know why

panasonic-vacuum-tube-car-stereo_5965.jpg

Unless you have people in the back don't worry about the rear deck. Get those installed in the front right and you will never miss them. Both the XLs and milles will play down to 60hz with authority.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.