Hmm...Rainbow says don't go active?

gti303
10+ year member

USA
LOL so I open my SLC265 Kicks...and I see in bold in the manual, 'DO NOT RUN THESE SPEAKERS WITH AN ACTIVE CROSSOVER'...

it says the tweeter is not designed for it...I don't see the problem tho...does anyone else? is this just so that rainbow doesn't have to accept warranty claims on broken items that ppl mess up

LOL so I open my SLC265 Kicks...and I see in bold in the manual, 'DO NOT RUN THESE SPEAKERS WITH AN ACTIVE CROSSOVER'...
it says the tweeter is not designed for it...I don't see the problem tho...does anyone else? is this just so that rainbow doesn't have to accept warranty claims on broken items that ppl mess up
maybe they just think their **** is already matched as well as it should and that the user should not fuck with it.

plus is it really that hard? I've never gone with an active x-over before...but don't I just set the 9887 to 3-way active crossover, set the cross overs there, then plug in the tweets to my rears and mids to the fronts (or vice versa whatever way the manual says I don't remember)...how can one really mess this up?

It is probably because the tweeter is very sensitive about lower frequencies. They are worried about the tweeters frying easily. That would be my guess.

There are some speakers that NEED their passive crossovers to function properly. A very reliable source once told me that the Memphis MCSQ tweeters would load up and spontaneously make your ears bleed if ran active. He learned the hard way.

There are some speakers that NEED their passive crossovers to function properly. A very reliable source once told me that the Memphis MCSQ tweeters would load up and spontaneously make your ears bleed if ran active. He learned the hard way.
blood is good when it comes from the ear. that is just built in wax

just sell the3 tweets and buy your self some good tweets.. and run active

What does load up mean? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.