hopefully an easy fix?

Participant count
  • Participant list

pbnj22
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Duluth MN
installing 4 speakers, 4 channel amp, and head unit in my boat.. had everything mocked up and worked fine then went to put every thing in place, hide wires and what not and now the amp seams to be bypassed... from the back of the head unit i have rcas to my amp then speaker wire the the speakers... my head unit still has the speaker wire coming out the back of it and the only way i can get sound now is to have my speakers directly to those wires coming off the head unit..

any ideas? i know the amp works because i had it playing 10 minutes before that.. could there be a setting on either my amp or head unit?

installing 4 speakers, 4 channel amp, and head unit in my boat.. had everything mocked up and worked fine then went to put every thing in place, hide wires and what not and now the amp seams to be bypassed... from the back of the head unit i have rcas to my amp then speaker wire the the speakers... my head unit still has the speaker wire coming out the back of it and the only way i can get sound now is to have my speakers directly to those wires coming off the head unit..any ideas? i know the amp works because i had it playing 10 minutes before that.. could there be a setting on either my amp or head unit?
I dont understand BYPASSED situation either.I know that power is lost on the stereo system when the boat is off, meaning that you loose all memory,so it may be possible that you have a HU that will have to be reset each time, or you will have to set up each time due to not having full power Back up? I would check the fuse on the amp,and or the settings on the HU, and even test the amp out from the boat to see if it still is working properly.It could very well be that you do not have a good ground location for the amp?

I dont know what it was but i disconnected power from battery hooked it back up and it worked fine... i think the head unit just needed to be reset..

I dont know what it was but i disconnected power from battery hooked it back up and it worked fine... i think the head unit just needed to be reset..
Well thats good then..Happy to hear that It wasnt anything serious with the amp..Good deal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.