How do I get speaker wire into this speaker?

Firetruck
10+ year member

USA
K so it's probably a really basic question, but how do I get the speaker wire into my speakers? Heres a picture, I circled the parts that are labeled + and -, and right below them is a small hole circled in green. I'm guessing you just poke the speaker wire through that hole? Or is that not going to work

nznmte.jpg

Oh just kidding...I just checked the box and it comes with short amounts of speaker wire with the proper terminals, yea I'm an idiot. Anyways, the wire it gave seems to be like 22 gauge, if I'm using 16 gauge wires, wouldn't these defeat the purpose? Because even if the majority of the wire is 16 gauge, it doesn't matter because the 22s are still a part of the system right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.