How do i mount my amps and subwoofer box in my trunk?

Participant count
  • Participant list

imbored408
10+ year member

I do not know what I need to keep my amp from sliding around on hard turns and my future sub box and sub amp.

I would just tape it down with velcro but I am sure there is a better solution.

What did you guys do and what would you suggest for me to do.

JBL GTO1004

MB QUART ONX1500.D

put some non skid material on the bottom of the box. You could try that tool box liner stuff. It's like a foamy grip pad. or use something like a ratchet strap to hold it in place.

dont know what screws are.
keep in mind i do not want to have any hole in my carpet or backseats.

what options do I have?
Are you trying to troll? How do you not know what a **** screw is?

And if you don't want holes in your carpet/seats, screw your amp to your box and either bungie cord your box or velcro it. People say not to screw your amp to your box, but I've done it for 6 years and never had any problems.

Are you trying to troll? How do you not know what a **** screw is?
And if you don't want holes in your carpet/seats, screw your amp to your box and either bungie cord your box or velcro it. People say not to screw your amp to your box, but I've done it for 6 years and never had any problems.
i was being sarcastic about the screw part.

i was thinking strapping the box down with bungie cord to the spare wheel area beneath it. I was going to put it on the box but that it makes me think something will go wrong.

How effective would using velco on the amps be?

i was being sarcastic about the screw part.i was thinking strapping the box down with bungie cord to the spare wheel area beneath it. I was going to put it on the box but that it makes me think something will go wrong.

How effective would using velco on the amps be?
That industrial strength velcro is pretty tough. If you're thinking about putting the sticky side of some down on the carpet, that would be the only drawback - the adhesive. I understand you about not wanting to put any holes in the vehicle either. My reason is in case I need to get the box out to haul something in the back or whatever else I made need it for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.