How do I wall

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
I was going over thoughts on walling next year... And I was just wondering if I could get a couple simple questions answered here while I'm googling...

Is a wall just a box that blocks off everything behind the box?

I only need a 14 cube box... So do I just make a 14 cube box and fill the sides, floor, and roof gaps with wood?

Does the entire area behind the back of the box need to be filled or can I put my amp and batteries back there?

I've never built a box before, should I even be thinking about building a wall????

A wall is mainly wall to wall taking up the largest space possible.

If you have a hatchback or suv then mounting amps behind is possible, but again a wall is a almost sealed off box.

You dont want to leave TOO MUCH space behind as you will lose cabin space for unneeded box space.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

I don't understand your last sentence, maybe I'm tired :p.

I don't get why it has to fill the entire back space. I thought as long as it blocks off the back of the cabin from the front it's a wall. Isn't the reason walls are loud is because they cut down the air the subs have to displace?

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

I don't get why it has to fill the entire back space. I thought as long as it blocks off the back of the cabin from the front it's a wall. Isn't the reason walls are loud is because they cut down the air the subs have to displace?

An example for my last sentence is, you dont want to make a wall in the middle of your vehicle because then you are leaving space that doesnt need to be left.

As for why a wall is louder is because you have less chances of cancellation. The air being pushed will go one way and wont have a chance to go back making the sound bounce causing cancellation.

Sorry if im not making sence, but its harder to explain without showing how it works in a graphical picture.

An example for my last sentence is, you dont want to make a wall in the middle of your vehicle because then you are leaving space that doesnt need to be left.
As for why a wall is louder is because you have less chances of cancellation. The air being pushed will go one way and wont have a chance to go back making the sound bounce causing cancellation.

Sorry if im not making sence, but its harder to explain without showing how it works in a graphical picture.

Ok, I drive an extended cab truck. It has a front seat and a back seat. So keep that in mind when I ask this:

so would it not be ok if I made the box in the middle of my cabin, leaving maybe a little less than half of my back seat area empty?

No. That's not a wall. You have to completely seal it from the back wave. This is not something you want to jump into. They hardly work right the first 5 times.
Is there like a write-up I can read explaining the basics of this?

I have a truck also and have 2 options.

Make a wall built around the bucket seat with 2 ports made to spec.

Or make an entire wall with a large port so you can make external ports which can be bolted over it kinda like a aero port, but just being a huge slot port.

Just remember the bucket seat idea needs to have a wooden wall behind it or else you will lose spl.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.