How do I wire my 2 subs n amp?

naztayboy
10+ year member

I have 2 8" Kicker Solobaric L7 4 ohms. 850/2 Kicker Amp and an 8 ga amp kit. Im not 100% sure how to wire this up, is there a site I can go to or can someone help me? The box has 2 connectors so I can wire each sub to the outside of the box and then have 2 sets of wires coming out.

First thing i'd do is order a 4 ga amp kit. 8 isn't big enough for that amp.

2nd thing I'd do is determine how the subs are wired inside the box -- they're either 2 ohms or 8 ohms.

If they're 2 I'd wire the terminal cups in series and bridge the amp. If they're 8 I'd wire them in parallel and bridge the amp.

Keep your gain very low until the 4 ga wire arrives.

hmmm the 8 guage said 1200 watts so i figured it was good enough. o well. well the subs arent in the box, i bought everything seperately. I have to do all the wiring. So what would be best?

Every cheap company trying to make a buck off the audio novices lies about power capability of all their gear, wiring included.

What size fuse came with the kit? What size fuse (sum) is in the amp? That should explain it.

coils series, subs parallal and bridge the amp:

DVC_Series_2.gif

i am not home right now so i cant check the fuses but I will do it when I get home. Also in that picture it shows u wiring the 2 subs together but my amp is 2 channel so shouldnt i do all that then keep the final 4 wires seperate?

i am not home right now so i cant check the fuses but I will do it when I get home. Also in that picture it shows u wiring the 2 subs together but my amp is 2 channel so shouldnt i do all that then keep the final 4 wires seperate?
I think the 850.2 has 3x40A's, or 120A. Your 8 ga kit probably has a 40-60A fuse because that is all the current that size wire can handle. 4 gauge is good for 120A.

When bridging the amp you're combining the 2 channels into 1. You'll only use one of the (+) and (-) outputs. You can either run a lead to the first sub and connect the second from there, or run two wires from the amp's (+) and 2 from the (-).

The 2nd one -- same config. I posted above.

It's a standard 2 ch amp bridgable to 4 ohms, and it will give you 800 underrated watts (rms) -- the 1 ohm option would not be good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.