How do You Know When Your Subs Are Broken In?

when u dont smell excess glue burn off anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Because I dont like testing the full potential on a brand new sub untill it has gotten used a little bit and loosened up.
Like breaking in an engine, you're not suppost to get near full throttle for a good 500 miles, but after that you can hammer down.
Not a good argument. A motor is wearing parts that are rubbing together under friction. At low RPM they are still rubbing. . .

When you play a sub at low volumes, the parts that need to be "broke-in" are not moving enough to actually break in or loosen up.

My first AVA 15 went in my suburban. After 3 weeks, I bought 3 more and all four went to the HT. With all 4 drivers sitting on the floor in my living room, anyone could easily determine which one had been played for three weeks; the suspension was much more relaxed. After 20 minutes of playing them all at high volume, they all felt about the same. . .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.