How do you make your roof not rattle?

yeah as others have said with the output you're at you definitely need to use wood and other reinforcement than just sound damping
Yeah, I'm going to start on it asap, thanks everyone for the replies, now does anyone have deadener fs? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/happydance.gif.a963168fea27d8453c3ec467ddcf9e1c.gif

I do 155+db daily and my roof is fine. Just have some deadener up there. No stripper pole needed at all,not even close
What vehicle are you talking about? I assume that has something to do with it as well correct? I have an expedition

has to do with vehicle and how you apply it. you can usually get rid of rattles with just damping.

adding rigidity will in theory give you more output though and it will also get rid of the noise which is why we recommended doing that with the output you're at

I have 3 layers of 80 mill,and still rattles,even the dash is unstable(not much to do about that except remove it..lol) I am working on a rebuild now..Will be using 3/4" foam carpet lining and then 1/2" Plywood covered.Should be just fine and rigid enough when done for the wall and 4 -XFLs on approx 12k.Spray foam works but Expands too much for my liking and a real PITA if you want to pull it all back down,and doesnt form evenly/messy as hell,and the smell Blows Azz!! in the summer heat

has to do with vehicle and how you apply it. you can usually get rid of rattles with just damping.
adding rigidity will in theory give you more output though and it will also get rid of the noise which is why we recommended doing that with the output you're at
Yeah ive used some great stuff in the hatch already with deadener over it and it made a world of difference, sound was better too

I have 3 layers of 80 mill,and still rattles,even the dash is unstable(not much to do about that except remove it..lol) I am working on a rebuild now..Will be using 3/4" foam carpet lining and then 1/2" Plywood covered.Should be just fine and rigid enough when done for the wall and 4 -XFLs on approx 12k.Spray foam works but Expands too much for my liking and a real PITA if you want to pull it all back down,and doesnt form evenly/messy as hell,and the smell Blows Azz!! in the summer heat
Tell me about it! Lol the clips around my head unit broke off due to the flexing, also my a.c. control knobs in the rear fall out because the clips that hold that broke also, there's other things here and there I need to get out, I also would like to rebuild my box to make it lighter and possibly 4th

When is that 160 gon' happen?!
If I want 160s from cpillar I need recones so I can wire down each pair of woofers down to .33ohm...

So

4 recone like $800

Another tfhe 9.0 $2000

So I need $2800 and I should get a 160... but before that I would just change my Cpillar flat wall into a bpillar 6th order and get a 160db with the equipment I have now

If I want 160s from cpillar I need recones so I can wire down each pair of woofers down to .33ohm...So

4 recone like $800

Another tfhe 9.0 $2000

So I need $2800 and I should get a 160... but before that I would just change my Cpillar flat wall into a bpillar 6th order and get a 160db with the equipment I have now
I'm no expert, but I believe that upgrade will bring you very close to a 60

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.