How hard is it to install a car alarm?

If you don't have confidence in yourself, then you're likely to fail. There's always going to be unforeseen problems but it's in solving those problems that you learn.

I guess I'll follow Nike's slogan, Just Do It.

Thanks man, also, if I happen to trigger the factory alarm, how do I disable it?

Keep the stock key fob handy or you may have to put the key in the ignition to stop it at the moment. Really shouldn't run into the issue though. The alarm unit will have a "factory alarm disarm" wire (light green or light green/black of DEI units if I remember correctly).

key in the door and unlock motion will disarm just about ALL fac alarms.

02 Galant, red wire in the drivers door harness (you can get it in the car at the kick, it leads into the door) is the wire you need for disarm

Test it by turning the key in the unlock position on the drivers door

I got the Viper 3303 installed at Cartoys, I now am really, really poar.

Thanks for the help guys. However, I got a question. Any way to make the LED blink slightly slower? It blinks really fast. (On the Antenna/Valet)

I remember looking through a manual for a way to slow down the LED on a friend's unit. Not the same unit, but is a Viper. I didn't find anything. I did read about a feature it has that once the car is sitting for a certain period of time, it will automatically slow down to preserve power. That's all I've got though. Read through the manual, if your unit has the option, you'll find it in there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.