How many remote wires before you need a relay?

Participant count
  • Participant list

butterMilk
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BC
Just wondering how many remote wires you can run from a single head units remote wire. And I take it once you have to many you just run the initial remote wire to a relay, then run more remote wires from there.

It depends on the output current of the head unit and the current draw of the amp(s). But I wouldn't run more than two amps without a relay because a failure in an amp can cause serious damage to your head unit.

I've ran three remotes with no issue remote to amp amp to amp to amp..... only ever did one from hu though..... got two on there now without issue...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Alright sorry this took so long. Here's the update. I tried out all the sets of speakers, the black diamonds did not fit front or back. I think if...
5 ch amps can get expensive and most of the sub stage lacks power for a decent mid-sized sub. And end up running hot. Some times its best to look...
This is a little more money but well worth it from looking at the reviews. And it's Korean.
I wouldnt waste the time or money on OEM speakers to be placed back into any vehicle unless you plan to sale the vehicle and remove the after...
With half inch MDF, it's like 4.27cu/ft internally not including sub and port displacement. That's like 3.5 to 3.8cu/ft after displacement. You...

About this thread

butterMilk

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
butterMilk
BC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date