How much power does a Zv4 need?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CplCuddles

Certified Meme Warrior
Anyone who has experience with a Zv4, how much power do I need to push make it move? I planned on starting with about 1-1.5kw so I don't have to do any massive upgrades to my electrical, then later upgrading up to about 3kw. Would it be preferred to get an X, then when I have the electrical switch to a Z? I don't wanna buy the Z and put the 1kw to it and it barely does anything because it's getting insufficient power.

Are you doing just one or a pair? Even at 3k if you're doing a pair i'd just go with the X's. Zv4's and 5's both are rated in the 2k range and are grossly under rated. But if it's only one sub, then i'd do the Zv4

Are you doing just one or a pair? Even at 3k if you're doing a pair i'd just go with the X's. Zv4's and 5's both are rated in the 2k range and are grossly under rated. But if it's only one sub, then i'd do the Zv4

Anyone who has experience with a Zv4, how much power do I need to push make it move

I would say just one...

To "make it move" is simply errelavent....and I'm sure you mean to get sound/bass from it. Unless your after a high excursion sub to do work....hell I dunno.

There are people that put 2-3 times the rated power on either series, and still be ok.

Your right on the electrical part. You'll be fine for about 1k for now but when you up the amp to a bigger one, then the electrical is a must, more batteries, a bigger HO alt, etc.

Single sub for now, maybe 2 later.

Anyone who has experience with a Zv4, how much power do I need to push make it move

I would say just one...
Correct

To "make it move" is simply errelavent....and I'm sure you mean to get sound/bass from it. Unless your after a high excursion sub to do work....hell I dunno.
There are people that put 2-3 times the rated power on either series, and still be ok.

Your right on the electrical part. You'll be fine for about 1k for now but when you up the amp to a bigger one, then the electrical is a must, more batteries, a bigger HO alt, etc.
I dunno how higher tier subs work man. I've only ever owned super entry level stuff, I was kinda nervous it wouldn't really put out hardly any bass with just 1kw. Like would an X(rated@1.5kw) on 1kw do better than a Z(rated@2kw) on 1kw because the Z's suspension is "stiffer"?

Won't matter which sub you go with. Although I will say the x15 v1 is made for loooooows. Now if you get the x15 v2 that's even better and has an rms of 1500.

Which ever you decide, either will like that power.....but will want more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.