How to add Bluetooth to Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

JW266

Killer
Loomis
Building an over the top boombox with equipment I have collecting dust.

Question is that I'd like to use an old smartphone or iPad as the source and it doesn't have enough juice from the headphone jack to go straight into the amp. It works but this equipment deserves much more. With the phone running into a sound blaster g5 external sound card it is acceptable. If I could use USB from the phone to external card I'd be happy but the card needs power and the phone only has 1 port. I don't want to have to be unplugging to charge the phone or iPad which will have very poor battery life powering the card. If I have to be wired that is totally fine but I don't want to have to deal with batteries.

I want a Bluetooth adapter that can either input into the external card (it has micro USB which doubles as power, optical, or 3.5mm inputs) or directly to the amp (only has low level inputs) but I'm completely lost as to which adapter (if it exists) I should use

If anybody cares it's some Quantum Audio QZA4800.4 amp that I don't even remember where I got it from. Pushing DDAudio VO-M6.5 mids, BT30 tweets, cc-1 Xovers, and a redline 500 10"

or directly to the amp (only has low level inputs) bu
This may work for you. Maybe power it with the amp turn on.

Screenshot_20220326-011832.png

I'm guessing that does the same thing as this piece I found on Amazon?

But also are these going to kill SQ? I'm all FLAC all day.
That actually looks fancy. I have no idea if the module would reduce the quality of a flac file. I have not had any issues with any BT sound quality. The quiet or pauses in music are just that, zero sound. Unless you have alternator whining or grounding issues, you should have a pretty clean signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...