How to build next subwoofer box?

Participant count
  • Participant list

travicles
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Louisiana
Right now, I have my Audioque HDC3 12" in a 2.4 cubic foot box tuned to 37 hz. I would like to try a much larger than recommended box of 3 cubes tuned to 36 hz. I only run 1500 watts, so I feel like 3 cubes is a viable option. Now to my question. Right now, my box is sub up and port back. I am wondering how I should do my next box. I am wanting to try both sub up and port up. Here are some pictures that show where the box will be and the current setup. I am wondering if more experienced people can figure out what sub and port orientation they think will be the loudest.

2nu6anb.jpg

713gah.jpg

3 cubes for a single 12? Thats way too big.
Nice Cuda tho, what yr, 65 or 66? And whats it got under the hood?
Idk I may be getting the wrong idea, but it should have the same excursion in both 3 cubes on 1500 watts and 2.5 cubes on 2000 watts. So I felt like why not put it in 3 cubes. And it is a 65 cuda with a 273 v8. It is pretty slow, but it is fun to drive!

keep same size box, tune lower and run more port2.5ft

50'' of port

tuned to 30hz
Wow 30 hz is pretty low. How do you think I should do the box? sub and port up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.