How to get more punch out of 2 Type R 10's

im currently building a box for 2 of the same subs with the help of the best box builder in all of new england and the best set up would be a 2.6 ft3 box with a 11x2" port thats 15.5" deep. that will tune your box to 38 hertz. that 2.6 includes your port and sub displacement. good luck

The only sub $250 amps I see claiming over 1000W are no-name China brands on eBay, those quoting their max output as RMS output, or cheapo amps that claim to be 1 ohm stable. I have a hard time believing most of those could get close to their rated numbers. Even if they can, my subs have dual 2 ohm voice coils so I can't wire them to 1 ohm anyway. Please show me what you're talking about.
Take a look at this... Ive been running mine at 1 ohm for about 3 months with no problems, and everyone here that has one has said they liked it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AudioPipe-1500W-amp-1-ohm-FREE-Gift-1500-MONO-Bass-Knob_W0QQitemZ310171619914QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item4837ab524a

That would be great if I could wire my subs to 1 ohm. Looks like there are plenty of amps out there that will put out 1200+ watts at 1 ohm, but being that I have two DVC 2 ohm subs, I can't wire them to a 1 ohm final impedance.

When I get a new sub amp, I'll get one that is 1 ohm stable so I can upgrade my subs at some point and get DVC 4 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.