how to hook up 2 amps, one mono amp for sub and another amp for my 4 speakers.

Participant count
  • Participant list

dubstep009
10+ year member

NC
i currently have a sub and 4 speakers hooked up to a amp. i want to know if i get another mono amp for my sub only, would it make a huge difference with the sound? and also do i need to hook up that one amp directly to my car's battery to give it power? or could i kinda "bridge" it to my old amp i have? any help will be greatly appreciated

that distribution block works for my issue here? so basically i have to hook that distribution block to both of my amps?

Run your power wire into one of the two inputs then run a wire from on othe four outputs to one amp and another wire from another output to your other amp. You also need to tap into the remote wire and run one to the second amp. Do you have one set of RCA's or two? If you have one set, you need to run another. One set for the fronts, one for the sub. If you have two, run the sub RCA's to the sub amp and the front RCA's to the front amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.