How to hook up door speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

xmakeafistx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kenosha, WI
I know its a rather nubby question, but I just want to make sure i'm going about all of this correctly.

Would I be able to connect the speaker wires to the output on the head unit wire harness to the amp in order to amplify the door speakers?

sorry if i'm not very clear.

Thanks all for any help.

what you have to do is run wires from the amp to the back of the deck where the wires are from the cars wire harness which goes to the speakers.if not then just run all new wires

yeah thats what I figured, its behind the head unit correct? I just don't want to have to take apart my doors because I've already fucked them enough.

the way you can do it is to plug in the harness for the hu,then just tap into those wires for the speakers ,they should already be connected to the speakers i'm assuming

yeah thats what ima do. But i'm unsure which wires lead to the front left and right speakers o_O

Would I just look up the manual for the headunit?

once you plug in the harness everything will be color coded ,you can always pop the speakers with a small battery [aa] to see which speakers are on which wires and which is + and -

How many runs of speaker wire do I need? since the tweeters and mid-ranges have two seperate parts on the harness, would I need four runs? two on each door?

If your going to be running the wire to the back of the head unit then most likely 2 or 4 not sure how many speakers your trying to hook up. is it a 4 door? Enless your car has stock tweeters, and those stock tweeters have their own seperate wiring which runs to the back of the head unit. you will neeed either 2 or 4. I just amped up my speakers for the first time yesterday. Youll probably need to buy new But ends (the plastic things that connect the two speaker wires)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.