How to phyically wired an amp relay to avoid thumping when turning on/off?

ok what your trying to do here is make a delay between when the deck turns on and when the amps turn on. the relay method may/maynot work. depending on how you do it. if your using it to just turn on the amps while using the remote out from your deck, depeding on the relay you may still have thump, what you want to do is delay the turn on. so try putting a switch on the remote going to the amps the problem with that is that then you have to turn it off or the amps will stay on.

why not try the simple solution of wiring a resistor inline with your remote wire on the amp? i wired a 5.6k resistor inline on my girls car with factory amps and problem solved. Costs all of 12 cents //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lol has nothing to do the the fusing or wattage of the amps, it doesnt hook inline with the power wire, it hooks inline with the remote turn on and yes he can do it, its only like .5amps for each componet to turn on

Ok, I thought he was trying to delay main power my mistake. I was thrown off by him purchasing a 30a relay when dealing with less than an amp.

Go to radioshack and get a 5a relay.

Ok, I thought he was trying to delay main power my mistake. I was thrown off by him purchasing a 30a relay when dealing with less than an amp.
Go to radioshack and get a 5a relay.
I dont think it will solve his thump problem

I run a relay on switched ignition in all my cars, in fact i buy like 10 at a time on ebay, bosch 30amp. Its just nice to know you can hook up multiple amps, crossovers, eq etc and still have plenty of power left for neons, fans, etc w/o burning **** up

... and p.s. you can buy that relay at an autoparts store for around .99 cents. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I just bought it for something else at Pep Boys for $2.99

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.