How to wire 4 infinity kappa 62.9i with Alipne MRX-v70 at 2ohm load ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

zeshan105

Newyork
The amp is 5 channel and I want to wire every speaker at their respective channel. How do I wire that to make all the speakers run at 2 ohm load ?

The speakers I have are infinity kappa 62.9i in front doors and back deck. The speakers are single coil.

You'll need 4 more speakers....unless they are 2 ohm already.they are probably 4 ohm...so you need 2-4 ohm speakers wired In parallel to get a 2 ohm load.

Is there any way to test ohm load of speakers ? or how many watts are going from amp to one speaker ?
Component sets are complicated because of the crossover. You can get a ballpark idea by measuring the resistance of the woofer's voice coil with an ohmmeter. Infinity says they are 2 ohms but the extra resistance of the car wiring will bring them to 4 ohms. That's marketing BS.

Measuring the actual power is not a simple task. In the end, it doesn't really matter ... a few watts either way is insignificant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.