How to wire mono block amp to 2 subs?

kinda curious.

why do some mono sub amps have a pair of ++ and - -?

im assuming its just opening up for more surface area?

and more wires to each terminal?

might wanna wire it like this:

SeriesParallel.jpg

Well your amp can do 1700 watts at 2 ohms or 1200 watts at 4 ohms.

You can wire each sub's voice coils in parallel and then wire the subs together in series to get a 2 ohm load to your amplifier. You could also wire each sub's voice coils in series and then wire the subs together in series again to get an 8 ohm load. I think those are the only two options you really have with this amp, but it depends on the power handling of your subs really. Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Check this out for help with your wiring.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8t7JJCcy9Bp/learn/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html

Edit: Didn't see it had been answered already. What he said pretty much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.