HT for college house

redrider13
10+ year member

is stealin yur deebeez
VA
Basically I'm looking into building a set of party speakers for a house. I'm not quite sure what all I'm gonna need in this system but obviously it needs to be loud. I also want to be able to actually hear the music when its loud too. I'm not sure how easy/hard this is to achieve seeing as I really only got into car audio. It would be nice to have an ipod hookup (just a 3.5mm jack will do) and/or just a cd changer. Since this will be for parties, I don't want to drop a ton of money into it too. I feel as if I'm asking too much. I'll be heading home over fall break and christmas break so I expect to get most all of my work done over those two breaks. Let me know what I'm getting into. I dropped over a grand on CA stuff but I'm not looking to spend that much on HA. I am willing to do it myself, I built my car system by reading online and then doing it so I'm not scared to build my own stuff.

I dont know, it kinda depends. I don't want some huge layout, I was thinking along the lines of either 2 towers, or 2 towers and a sub.

That's 500W Peak not RMS. Besides, they are $$$$$ but if you just want something loud, they wouldn't disappoint. I don't know the ohm load for each speaker so you might have to email Cerwin and ask since you can bi-amp them if you needed but doubt you would need to.

But for the money you would pay for those, you could get some Klipsch that would dominate them (in SQ category...they wouldn't be as loud but Klipsch get f'n loud watt for watt compared to tons of other speakers).

If you stick with the PA/DJ style system, this could be a great start: http://www.idjnow.com/StoreModules/ProductDetails.aspx/PID=SP3600--BranchID=--DepartmentID=347--SubDeptID=Speaker%20Packages--CategoryID=--DeID=0

Just need a sub and receiver/dvd player.

your gonna laugh but i really really recommend you hear the logitech z5500 system. THX certified for under 300 bucks and it is way too loud. i used to have raves in my basement lmao.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.