hydraulic crimper

i have that same crimp, i love it. has dies for up to 500mcm if i remember correctly, and easily smashed the lugs on 4/0...
I cant imagine using it to crimp such a thick cable as 4/0(were would I be able to get it or even run it through the car lol. I mainly want it to crimp 4 awg and 1/0 the harbor freight crimper might do 4 awg but not 0

the HF dies are just fine, i use them daily, simply use pliers and crimp down the terminal a bit, stick them in crimper and be done.. lol worth its weight in gold

the HF tool is designed for true AWG wire . it works fine for 1/0 weld wire. but for oversize wire like knu which is closer to 2/0 than 1/0 it will work as mentioned earlier by mashing the lug first. the set has 0-14awg dies not 1/0 or 2/0

o well now I have 2 crimpers so I can do any cable lol. the gold plated terminals I had seem to be also oversized and didnt fit and I just got regular 0 awg copper ones and the fit fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

joselr3668

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
joselr3668
miami
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date