FEATURED Hyundai Cilantro.. I mean Elantra!

I saw a cheap temp. storage on You Tube the other day. young guy needed some storage for his tools to keep dry and take out of his vehicle,and a temp set up. Built a shed frame out of 2x4s, and placed a huge tarp over and tuck it under on bottom frame to secure it and cost him about $100 bucks. maybe you could do something like that where your at??
Truth be told I was thinking about a storage unit.

Truth be told I was thinking about a storage unit.
Man Ive got two and they aint Cheap monthly any more. No power in them and now they have a clause on what can be stored inside that may be Flammable ect. Kinda stupid but just about everything is flammable and not fire resistant. Dammned Rats man, sometimes ants and beetles and spiders ect. I placed some extra traps ect out for bugs and 6 month spray that has no scent inside my units. Storage places generally do theyre least for that type of stuff except Climate controlled , but LOL.

Man Ive got two and they aint Cheap monthly any more. No power in them and now they have a clause on what can be stored inside that may be Flammable ect. Kinda stupid but just about everything is flammable and not fire resistant. Dammned Rats man, sometimes ants and beetles and spiders ect. I placed some extra traps ect out for bugs and 6 month spray that has no scent inside my units. Storage places generally do theyre least for that type of stuff except Climate controlled , but LOL.
Man... bedbugs are a huge problem at/in storage units too. I may just have to kick everyone out of my house and move back to N.C.

Man... bedbugs are a huge problem at/in storage units too. I may just have to kick everyone out of my house and move back to N.C.

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by Laff

I am sitting here trying to figure out the easiest way to run this big Taramps BassEQ knob without tearing the car apart. I know where it is going, right where my current bass knob is mounted to the center console next to my right knee, knobs up. Perfect reach for adjustments.

I know the sub signal has to go in the knob then out to the amp along with the RJ12 for the power, clip, protect function and I also have to run a power, remote and ground to the knob. My brain tells me to grab the RCA's from the sub amp and bring it forward to use as the input to the knob. I can loop and hide the excess cable under the seat. Then I can run another RCA cable from the knob along with the RJ12 back to the amp. Then swap the RF1200D for the Smart3. I have a 2 into 1 "Y" RCA for the input on the Smart3. Then it's just the three small wires for powering the knob.

I don't think I will run the sub amp off the AC608 dsp, I will just use that for the 6 channel amp and use the Taramps BassEQ knob for sub control.

All right. Ordered another roll of Tesa tape along with some 3/4 PET expandable braid sleeving. I also just ordered a Sky High big 3 kit of the 1/0 variety. I had to butcher my other one to install the UltraCAP. I am going to use the sleeving to cover and protect the red cable going from the alternator to the battery. It's good to 260 degrees.

I just went out and hooked up the Taramps Smart3. I am NOT impressed. It's hitting about as hard as the RF Prime 1200 but just when a good bass note hits the amp cuts off for a few seconds then slowly comes back on. No protect light and she ain't clipping.

I just went out and hooked up the Taramps Smart3. I am NOT impressed. It's hitting about as hard as the RF Prime 1200 but just when a good bass note hits the amp cuts off for a few seconds then slowly comes back on. No protect light and she ain't clipping.
Sounds like it's choking? Mo-betta Power!

+/- feed?

Last edited:
Sounds like it's choking? Mo-betta Power!

+/- feed?
I think you are right. I have yet to add an HO alternator. If I keep the volume reasonable it hits good and doesn't cut off and watching the voltage of the UltraCAP it is staying steady above 13.5v and not draining. But holy cow when I turn the volume up that cap starts draining pretty quick and the voltage goes into the low 12's.

I just got back from lunch so now I am going to hook up the bass eq and mount that so I can at least control the amp. I set the gain with a -10db 40hz tone with my head unit maxed out on volume and then set the gain til the clip light just appeared then I backed it off til it went out.

Yeah, the SMART Taramps are better at dealing with low voltage. That said, if it drops like that may be either the size of the cable or the ground could be the choke point too. I've seen these Smart series lose substantial output due to poor grounding too. I would check to be sure. HO alternator won't help if it can deliver the current.

Yeah, the SMART Taramps are better at dealing with low voltage. That said, if it drops like that may be either the size of the cable or the ground could be the choke point too. I've seen these Smart series lose substantial output due to poor grounding too. I would check to be sure. HO alternator won't help if it can deliver the current.
Good point... I did use the power and ground that I used for the RF Prime 1200. They may be 4awg. The ground, from a distribution block, is bolted directly to the body of the car and the paint was removed with a wire wheel, it is 1/0 cable. I have some 1/0 cable coming... I will make sure it is 0awg at the amp too. Good lookin out.

Good point... I did use the power and ground that I used for the RF Prime 1200. They may be 4awg. The ground, from a distribution block, is bolted directly to the body of the car and the paint was removed with a wire wheel, it is 1/0 cable. I have some 1/0 cable coming... I will make sure it is 0awg at the amp too. Good lookin out.
Good idea, 1/0 power wire for sure.

Have to feed the need man. Takes power to make power. Stock Electric alt and two batteries not going get it done man. Going need that HO Alt with at least 250a and two good agms and Big3, and 1/0-0ga supply. Supply for the demand for sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...