• Thread starter SehnKhan
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
S

SehnKhan

Thanks for everyone advice regarding the amp I should use in the system, however budget restraints mean that I will have to use the Boss Audio amp for the time being. I had my Kenwood 4x45Watt head unit installed, all speakers are also Kenwood (4" for the front, 7"x10" in the rear) and a 12" Kenwood sub fully enclosed in a ported box (predesigned by Kenwood). The amp powers the sub and the 7"x10" speakers. At this stage everything is sounding good, I haven't yet had the chance to look at any of the settings on the amp and play around for the best sound. Any ideas however to get me started (I am new to this car audio scene)?

Also, to my disappointment and horror, the guys who installed the system hooked up my factory, read very crappy, speakers. This means that whenever I turn the bass and volume up there is some significant disortion in the rear of the car. is it safe to just cut the wires leading to the factory speakers (they are running off the head unit only) or should I removed the H/U and remove the wires from there?

Comments on this type of install and any advice on improvements greatly appreciated.

Please reinform me of the vech make and model. It is very unlikely that your factory speakers are still in the car. Generally there are only two speaker locations (front and rear) you can try bass blockers they might help. You can probly get them installed at no charge if you let the installers at the place where you got them installed what you worries or problems are.

The car in question is a 1997 Ford Laser. Yes, they have left the factory speakers in. I will explain briefly the setup before and after. Before: factory speakers in front doors and rear panel beside parcel shelf. Now, the front speakers have been replaced (still using factory position but new speakers) and rear speakers installed actually in the rear parcel shelf (not where the existing ones were). We accidently blew an fuse in the amp which runs the new speakers in the back and the sub, which is how we heard the factory speakers going.

Question is, can we safely cut the wires to the factory speakers without risking damage to the head unit?

although it would be better to remove your hu to disconnect the factory's, you can safely cut the wires running to them. you must be sure to cut clean and leave no bare wire showing. what you can do is cut the wires, seperate them and either wirenut the ends and tape them or crimp a cap on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.