I had this crazy Idea

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kickstand
Premium Member

CarAudio.com Veteran
So last summer I bought a 87 Mustang 5L Coupe (trunk not hatch)
I getting around to putting a system in now and due to space or lack there of I'm kind of limited to 8" subs. I'm debating 2 sundown xv.4's or 4 FL8's. I would rather do the later but I only have 37" of width to work with and by the time you add the port in I'm SOL for space.
So here was my Idea
Could I do 2 round ports and extend them out of the box and through the deck lid so it ports into the cab of the car pointing at the back window. I'm not putting rear speakers in so that space where the stock 5x7 sit is empty
IDK will it work?
Is it worth all the extra pain in the ass its going to be to get right
TBH the 2 sundown are cheaper and I could just do a double kerf in the middle of the box so it looks nice but I really want those FL8's
Opinions?
For the record I only have 11" of height so 10's wont work
I have a cab 22 that will be running it
Another option I was looking at was a tub but the spare tire well is not that deep and I already have to do fiberglass for the fronts speakers and I'm not a fan of working with it

I have an 87 hatch LX. Always wanted a notch but settled for a hatch just for this reason, I can fit bigger subs 🤣. The good things about round ports is you can try anything and easily change it. Only way to know if it will work is by trying it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...