i know this is not the rite forum but still....

Participant count
  • Participant list

SmokeAlot
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
nowhere
hey, i was wondering cuz i recently bought a salvage car and i need to find out whats wrong with the transmission so i need to get a couple questions answered....when u put a car in park...does it use the brakes to keep the car from moving or is there a gear in the transmission that keeps the axle from moving?

thats one question....

i think my trans is fuked up....heres the deal....the car is off rite now cuz theres no ignition for it buh anywho, the shifter moves freely without pushin the button in on the shifer. when i put it in park...the rotors still spin. when i put up the emergency brake the rotors still spin. the brakes are hard when i press on it....the brake fluid is full....and another thing is the driver side axle is broke....thats all i can tell u besiides this is a 94 integra...anyone kno whats wrong? do u think my trans is fuked up?

i kno this has nothing to do with car audio but please dont close this or move it.

1) There is a lock in the trans, no brake when put in park.

2) The e-brake does the rear wheels. If you can shift without the button in it could be as simple as a broken part that keeps it locked until the button is pressed. It can be worse though.

can be far worst...after you put some $$$ into the car it will be good...just get a new trans system and some brakes and you're good

1) There is a lock in the trans, no brake when put in park.
2) The e-brake does the rear wheels. If you can shift without the button in it could be as simple as a broken part that keeps it locked until the button is pressed. It can be worse though.

Doesn't it somehow lock the reverse and first or something like that. Anywho, if on blocks, jackstands, whatever, the wheels will can spin slightly while in park.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.