I need some amp recommendations.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ninesvnsicks
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey everyone, my brother just picked up a couple of custom american bass hd15d1's with 1.5ohm voice coils and he needs an amp(s) to run them what would you guys recommend to power them adequately for a decent price he doesn't have a lot of money to work with. The last amp he told me he was looking at was a Stetsom 5k for around $600 I believe.

Why not grab an AB 200.1. Keep it matching plus the AB is a beast and you can get it for well under $600..
It does look nice only problem is his voice coils are dual 1.5ohm so he can only wire them to 1.5ohm or .375ohm. He wants to give them 5k rms he says the guy he got them from had them on a 12k rms amp giving them like 7-8k I don't believe that for a second and told him if it was tru to not buy them but he bought them anyways he ran one at .75ohms on a aq2200d the other day and it ran fine so guessing they are ok but still.

The ab 200.1 will give those subs all they can handle even with a 1.5ohm load.. I know the ab's can do .5 daily not sure about .37..
I edited my previous post added more about his subs idk if you saw it or not but apparently they handle a lot more then rated so he wants at least a 5k amp. I think he might settle for 4k not sure wanted to get a few recommendations that I could show him so he can choose.

Then go with a 450.1 then or the stetsom but he better go ahead and buy a few recones while he is at it, Those subs cant handle 5k daily.
yeah I know lol, he does compete idk if he is going to turn them up all the way daily or what his listening style is but yea that was the first thing I told him as well when he said the guy had them on a american bass VFL 1100.1 12.5k

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.