I plannig to buy 2 JBL 1,000 watt subs. I need a amp or two. But on low budget.

Participant count
  • Participant list
the max rating is not as important as the RMS rating. knowing the RMS watts will determine which amp to buy. i would suggest a class d amp... i think your best bet would be a RF bd class. try to match the RMS ratings of the subs and the amp(s) as closely as possible. hopefully, with this little bit of knowledge you can discuss with a knowledgable sales rep (or better yet, an INSTALLER) to determine which size subs, amp(s), and perferred method of wiring to get the most bang for your buck.

Ouch. 8 ohm subs that need that much power really aren't the most practical subs in the world. Can you get them in 4's or dvc? You'd have a lot more options if you could.

Anyway, I'll assume they're 1000 max and about 500 rms subs. You'd need something that would give you around 1000 rms @ 4 ohms. You won't find a class D that can be used in this application. Most of them don't put out a lot of power until they're at 2 or even 1 ohm. There are a lot of 2 ch amps that will give you that kind of power bridged though. The optidrive 500.2 comes to mind. RF 800.2 would be in the ballpark too. Probably about every major amp company will have something that will work. You just need to decide on some names and how much you want to spend. You're probably looking at 300-350 for something of decent quality. If you want to go high-end you could easily spend twice that. Or you could stay at around 250 or so for a budget amp that will get the job done.

the 8 ohm subs are cheaper b/c not as many people want them. With all the amps now making huge power at 2 or 1 ohm people want 4 ohm or dvc subs. When you find something you think would be good, just post the rms rating and the voice coil configuration and I'm sure you'll get plenty of good amp suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Catracho2910

Catracho2910
Gretna, Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
n2audio