I want to throw out my car!!!!!!!!

Akiva2005

Let me give some history about the car. 2000 nissan maxima. My system includes: Front speakers Infinity kappa's back speakers are beyma powered by 1 Rockford fosgate amp. I have one solo baric 12 inch sub in the back powered by another rockford fosgate. This system was install about 2 years ago and everything has worked fine until about 4 weeks ago.

All of a sudden i am driving and my audio goes out. Then my lights start to dim and then car shuts off. So i bring it to my audio installer and they tell me that my battery is dead and my alternator is dead so they replace both. 3 Days later once again everything starts going dead again. So I take it back and they tell me that everything is dead again. So guess what i replace them again. 2 days later the same thing happened. Now my car is sitting in the lot dead. S

Some one please HELP! I have no idea what to do at this point

It sounds like a alternator/voltage reg. problem. Are you sure they replaced your alt and battery or did they just replace the battery/charge batt. and send you on your way?

how about you unhook your stereo, then see if it happenes again.

if it does, then they didnt do what they were supposed to do, and fixed somthing that was not broken.

Where'd you get the alternator? I have seen an inhuman amout of bad remans from Napa, carquest, and the like. So many that I only install a Honda reman in Hondas at work- I've seen too many that are garbage out of the box.

Another possibility is that you have a small short in your power somewhere...possibly through the firewall...may be a small enough one that it wont blow any fuses but enough to drain your batt and charging sys.

how about you unhook your stereo, then see if it happenes again.
if it does, then they didnt do what they were supposed to do, and fixed somthing that was not broken.
Yeah, what he said ^

Unplug your main fuse, disconnect the remote lead from your amp (tape it up), and see if the charging system holds up to normal driving with lights, heater etc. If not, something's hosed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.