I was (semi) successful at strapping 2 amps, but the bass cuts at some points?

marquisbrah
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I strapped 2 kx 1200. Amps and wired two 15 l7s. When i crank up the volume past 40, the bass is not continious anymore, but it just produces it at multiple points. Like bursts of bass instead of a continous bass like it plays it at a lower volume. What is thw cause? My lights inside dim ALOT when these bursts happen. And when these bursts happen, the power protection flashes for a second when the bass is stopping. Is there any problem? I assume its the electrical system

this is exactly why i said when you first started posting that you need to upgrade your electrical.

now that you realize i was right..

youll need to do the big 3 in 1/0 and put at least 1 (2 would be better) group 31 batteries back by the amps to keep them happy, and depending on the factory alt a high output would be a very good idea.

LOL he was told like 3000000000000 times to upgrade his elect by 1000's of people. Happy u didnt smoke them though.
I bet the inside of that alt tuned black instantly LOL
I hate to say it, but at this point after so many people have already advised him on how to upgrade the electrical, if he did blow it then its own dam fault. sorry to be so blunt about it

I think you're in over your head on this. You simply cannot dump 2 big amps in your ride and think they will work with no issues if you have not covered all the areas.

Electrical being a very important one. Get your wallet ready cause what you've spent on audio gear will now be matched in electrical accessory's. I have a buddy like you and he's constantly blowing amps and speakers and on and on....he wonders these things are happening. Search is your friend, there is plenty of info on the interweb for people just like you. how many threads do you have goin?

I think you're in over your head on this. You simply cannot dump 2 big amps in your ride and think they will work with no issues if you have not covered all the areas.Electrical being a very important one. Get your wallet ready cause what you've spent on audio gear will now be matched in electrical accessory's. I have a buddy like you and he's constantly blowing amps and speakers and on and on....he wonders these things are happening. Search is your friend, there is plenty of info on the interweb for people just like you. how many threads do you have goin?
thats a riveting tale chap, do you have time to tell it again?

this is exactly why i said when you first started posting that you need to upgrade your electrical.

youll need to do the big 3 in 1/0 and put at least 1 (2 would be better) group 31 batteries back by the amps to keep them happy, and depending on the factory alt a high output would be a very good idea.
ok so lets say i get the battery, and do the wiring, would that solve my issue?

im trying to read the big 3 sticky, but the pics arent viewable, so i assume i need another battery,connect to alternator, replace wire from battery under hood (both alt wire and ground) and thats it? im still reading the sticky, but since i cant see pics, im making sure i get this right

first thing you need to do, as in right now, not sometime this week, unstrap the amps, and wire one to each sub. keep the ohms high enough that it stops killing your electrical. if it drops to 12 and under, you are frying something in your car. then, you have some time to learn the big 3, figure what you need to buy, and maybe enough time to save up for a 250a alt or better.

first thing you need to do, as in right now, not sometime this week, unstrap the amps, and wire one to each sub. keep the ohms high enough that it stops killing your electrical. if it drops to 12 and under, you are frying something in your car. then, you have some time to learn the big 3, figure what you need to buy, and maybe enough time to save up for a 250a alt or better.
ok, would you recommend running the rca to the second amp through the output on the first, or from the HU using y's? ill undo the strapping and unbridge the subs to do each individually. after i do this, will the sound quality change? by that i mean, will it be less loud, the same, or more as compared to having them strapped?

By unstrapping and raising ohms seen by each amp, you will have less power....so it will be less loud.

The reason they call it the big 3 is cause you are replacing 3 cables. (engine-frame) (alt-batt) (batt-frame)

You will probably need a high output alternator, and another batt.

This is all I will say until you lose your retarded attitude, and maybe start listening to the people here. If you blow any of your shiat up I really do not feel the least bit sorry for you. Have a nice day.

I'm running the exact same amps, there is no question a high output alt is in order. Your stock will never keep your batteries alive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.