IB woofers water enclosure?

Though water cannot be used, what about other fluids such as different gasses. A perfectly sealed box filled with nitrogen could sound different. This opens up a whole different world o_O

Why was this even brought up? Are you wanting to change the sound of the sub, the response, something else? I am curious why an air-filled box is not good enough......

Why was this even brought up? Are you wanting to change the sound of the sub, the response, something else? I am curious why an air-filled box is not good enough......
This is car audio. NOTHING is ever good enough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

But I think the different gases/liquids idea would be awesome. Maybe sealed boxes can be smaller and have the same response! who knows

This is car audio. NOTHING is ever good enough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
But I think the different gases/liquids idea would be awesome. Maybe sealed boxes can be smaller and have the same response! who knows
Same reason I was wondering where are these physics majors let's see if someone can figure this

Shouldn't be too hard to figure the diff in compression between everyday air and some other gas since we know the rates that most gases compress

I would guess type of gass in the type of gass would make little to no difference. Considering how little audible difference say a 25% change in volume would even make.

just now realized this was my thread.

Actual reasoning behind this was to ask if the front of a woofer is waterproof give it is not a paper/pulp cone. Marine applications and such, given that the back of the woofer would not be exposed to any water.

just now realized this was my thread.
Actual reasoning behind this was to ask if the front of a woofer is waterproof give it is not a paper/pulp cone. Marine applications and such, given that the back of the woofer would not be exposed to any water.
actually a good question. even though water dont compress sound travels 15 times faster and 10 times farther in water than in air. i think someone might be on to something here

Going to need some 10krms woofers with 10" neo magnets to resonate through water though. With a metal cone to prevent distortion/cone flex with some crazy pole stabilization.

Or something crazy like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.