ID Max vs IDQ vs JL W6v2

Ive had the w6v2 and the idq 112v2, they both were great for sq, ill be running the v3 IDQ shortly and from what everyone is saying, not only is it very musical but also get surprisingly loud for a SQ sub.

All the subs mentioned here can sound great with tuning. IDQ might not be the loudest but you can still hear it very easy and IF done right has impecable detail. you can get that with a w6 too but it took my buddy 3 boxes to do it and it did get louder than the idq set up vs set up. Not equal power though IIRC it was a soundstream 5.0 on the IDQ and a 1000/1 on the w6 ...both were sealed box. Rlp is a nice driver too just imo didn't produce actual sound down low but moved a TON of air.

I actually preferred the sound of my RL-p than the IDMax. SQ oe subjective remember that. I've never heard the IDQ so I can't comment on it. But the W6 sounds awesome too. I just felt that my used RL-p gave me 8-9/10 of the SQ of the W6 for a third of the price new, and half the price used. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with any of them. What amp are you running?
Gonna be powering either with a Arc SE 2150 or 2300 depending if i decide on 1 or 2 sub setup

^^^^why dont you use D class amp???

yes the ID MAx is a SQ beast, I'm making a new box for my 12w6v2 which i've built so many different types of boxes trying to make it not sound boomy.

dont get me wrong it's a really nice sub, but i dont think it's the best musicial sub i've heard.

I think Focals subs are some of the best subs I've had to play with.

All the subs mentioned here can sound great with tuning. IDQ might not be the loudest but you can still hear it very easy and IF done right has impecable detail. you can get that with a w6 too but it took my buddy 3 boxes to do it and it did get louder than the idq set up vs set up. Not equal power though IIRC it was a soundstream 5.0 on the IDQ and a 1000/1 on the w6 ...both were sealed box. Rlp is a nice driver too just imo didn't produce actual sound down low but moved a TON of air.
So getting the enclosure volume right is very important to SQ?

How would I go making a fiberglass enclosure the right size?

For the best SQ, go IB. There is no sealed box that will sound as good as an IB driver in a proper IB set up. Okay maybe that is saying a lot, but after hearing IB set ups, they really sound awesome and I can't wait to go IB.

What's IB?
infinite baffle

im being biased but i say go with the idq v.3. i had mines for about a year and its still amaze me everytime its on. if you looking for sq, i dont think u looking for loudness but the idq is plenty loud for me.

For the best SQ, go IB. There is no sealed box that will sound as good as an IB driver in a proper IB set up. Okay maybe that is saying a lot, but after hearing IB set ups, they really sound awesome and I can't wait to go IB.
im thinking about going ib on my idmax when i redo my set up

im thinking about going ib on my idmax when i redo my set up
Do it!

OP, IB is basically how your door speakers are set up. There is no real "enclosure" for the sub. You can run it on your rear deck or behind on a panel behind the rear seats. You completely seal off the trunk from the cabin. The mechanical limits of the woofer are reached much sooner than in a box, and power handling is significantly reduced. But the sound is much more natural and the sub blends much better with the mids. This is a very incomplete explanation of IB, but hopefully you get the gist of it.

I'm making a new box for my 12w6v2 which i've built so many different types of boxes trying to make it not sound boomy.dont get me wrong it's a really nice sub, but i dont think it's the best musicial sub i've heard.

I think Focals subs are some of the best subs I've had to play with.
What size/kind of boxes did you try? Have you tried it in its recommend 1.35 cuft sealed enclosure?

^^^my first box was this one from jl.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_enclosures.php?menu=6&prod_id=306

it just didnt sound right to me.

so i've built something 8 different boxes, which i'm trying tame the upper midbass on this thing.

dont get me wrong it blends really well with my setup,

to me the 12w6v2 has some break up in between bass note that i dont like, I guess after playing with focal subs i feel the 12w6v2 isnt as musicial as i thought before.

I listen to underground hip-hop-lies the roots, & I to feel every bass drum,bass guitar notes without much distortion.

if you get a chance to compare focals to jl you'll see what i' saying.

I have a scion tc hatch & it reveils the difference bewteen each & every sub i've had.

I wish i has a trunk so i can go IB.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.