ideas for ford ranger ext cab

Augh...feel like a ******* now. It's been such a long time trying to figure out box internal volume on paper, w/o calculator and enclosure programs.

the Icon id have to wait 21 days.. is it worth it.?
Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk
I fully know the lead time is no fun at all, but those who have Icon's will say it is worth it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

SSA icon 12" is a sure bet to make you smile... Are you lookin' for a better price? I was and found these...https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/evl-series/products/evl-12?variant=28434144333

I need to re-tune mine to my taste because I like to SPL as well... 35 hz maybe... They sub hard, crazy lows!

One option anyways... I'm very pleased with mine
that does look pretty **** good for the price. i went and got emissions on my truck and the pos failed. so kinda put a temporary wrench in my plan

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

What do you need ?
u know about rangers?

I was in the ARMY in the mid 80's for 4 years... was stationed at Ft Benning for 2... does that count?.. LOL!

Seriously... Car Audio is pretty much the same for any car... You can go to a certain level at which point you'll know you're there by needing all kinds of dampening and some serious electrical upgrades usually at around 1500 WMRS... You gotta experiment... Even port direction will make a huge difference... The hardest thing for me to get to sink in to people I've done work for is learn to not turn on your loudness on the HU...LOL...

that does look pretty **** good for the price. i went and got emissions on my truck and the pos failed. so kinda put a temporary wrench in my plan

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

u know about rangers?

I know about small extra cab trucks in general I've worked on a few builds and had one of the loudest ines on the west coast

my plans have changed. left my wife. so now once i get my place set up i can just put my daughter up front with me and have the whole back cab for subs.... hell to tha ya!

I'ts always great to have space... in more ways than one... LOL! Extended cab truck EH? Roof and back wall are always the weak spot. Even low power can flex the truck a lot if the system is set-up well. Build electrical and strenghten the truck...(especially the back wall) go nuts with subs if you want , even if you wall the truck... quiet the rear window by damping the rear wall and roof (adding mass is the best way) use Wood, spray-on, liqui-damp, mat, foam or all of the above... the thicker you build it ... the better it'll turn out ... if you don't... you'll see even low-mid 140's will bring out the vehicles weakness

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.