SOLD Idmax $180 shipped

BLD 25
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Idmax 12V3 D2

This is the nicest sub I have ever owned, and I have owned quite a few. Looks nice, plays nice.

pics:
SDC11599.jpg

SDC11591.jpg

Issues:

I am very honest with my stuff, so here are the only issues. I could have never told you these, and you may never have known.

1. Once when i hooked it up, it went crazy for a few seconds and I turned the car off. I believe two of the wires must have touched on the terminals or something. It has worked perfectly since then.

2. The coil is a little dark. I posted a pic and asked about it over on the ID forum, and I believe it was Eric(the president) that said it was just fine.

SDC11586.jpg

3. There is a little rattle when it is pushed. , and I think it is because the removable trim ring and spider ring aren't quite tight enough. i asked Eric at ID, and he said two rings are about $20 shipped. I took this apart, and when I put it back together, the screw holes were a little stripped, so it was hard to get it super tight. I recently tightened them more and it sounds alot better.

I recently tightened the screws even more, and it is almost perfect. I ran it in a sealed box in my hatchback, and it sounded awesome, no issues, and then I ran it in my trunk car with 800w ported with again no issues. Awesome sound.

Again, just trying to be straightforward about everything which is why you see so many references below.

Sold as is of course, but these can be reconed, and the motor is fine. I even put a brand new sticker on the back of the motor.

$180 shipped con-us

lol buy the time i got it sold then this thing would be sold and id be **** out of luck with no sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif how much do the idmaxs go for retail?

yeah //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif thats the only place i saw it and i wasnt sure if it was that price or not //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i would just set your gains carefully. 1200 would probably not do well with it. but just set your gains properly with a DMM or an oscilliscope, and you should be fine. However, this isn't an SPL sub, and coming from an AQ to this, you maybe disappointed in spl, and if it blows, I am not responsible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.