Idmax V.3 12''

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boomin Granny
10+ year member

St. Louis
Would one IDMAX 12 in a ported box be plenty for a daily driver on a Tsunami 1800T?

I know that anything with 1800w will hit, and I was going to get a XXX, but the more I think about it, the more it sounds like that is going to be WAY too much for my dd. I want it to be louder than I can stand soo I won't want to upgrade in a month. I would rather save $150 to put towards alt, but If you guys don't think that would work(subs only rated 1000 RMS 1800 Peak), please recommend something else in a $250 price range, or tell me to quit being cheap.

I don't actually want to give it 1800w soo I was going to be VERY light on gains, but is that still a bad idea. I like the SQ of this sub and it does get loud, and the price I can get it for is pretty good as well.

Well, if you set the gains so your giving it 1000 rms instead of 1800, it'll be fine. IDMAX's sound great and get to a decent volume, but they don't like getting much over their RMS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.