im lost on what to power my skar rp 4500 and evl 10's

bubs

CarAudio.com Newbie
houston
i have a 120 amp alternator it was powering it fine til it wasnt lol. but i also have a tiny battery in my car i know i need to buy another battery to put in the trunk but im more lost on what amp alt to get, ive been reading for hours and never a clear answer varying from full on blow ur month pay on a 1 of a kind alt **** yeaa!! to just see what happens with a new stock one. id rather not buy one and regret it after 2 weeks and spend more money on a new one so looking for some advice to prevent me from making a mistake.

How many watts is your system?
it says its a 4500 watt amp but ive seen them go to 6k+ so lets just say 4500 on the amp. each sub is 1k i have 2 was planning on throwing 3 of em in there but probably wont anymore since i didnt think my power supply situation thru. im running everything 0 gauge

it says its a 4500 watt amp but ive seen them go to 6k+ so lets just say 4500 on the amp. each sub is 1k i have 2 was planning on throwing 3 of em in there but probably wont anymore since i didnt think my power supply situation thru. im running everything 0 gauge
Yeah. Lol. It’s right in the title.

I’d get a 300 amp alternator ant least, and a good 2nd battery. Thats probably still under powering. I recently did a dual 18 inch sub build. He was running 3500 watts. He had 300 amp HO alternator and a lithium bank. Voltage stayed right at 15 volts at full tilt.

I'm running a 320a alt with a 100ah agm in the bank for my smart3 my voltage only drops into the 13's if I start playing a few tracks of techmaster peb back to back at full tilt

I’d get a 300 amp alternator ant least, and a good 2nd battery. Thats probably still under powering. I recently did a dual 18 inch sub build. He was running 3500 watts. He had 300 amp HO alternator and a lithium bank. Voltage stayed right at 15 volts at full tilt.
see for my car tho ive only seen alts that say "200+ @ 1500 rpm" and there $600 ive yet to see one at 300 if i were to get like 5000 watt battery u think a "200+" alt could charge both my batteries.

Mine is a J&S alternator...check mechman (others will know more companies for ho alts). You might have to actually call and ask about your car though

definitely will. i mean regardless tho ima spend 700 on that alt. u think just running 2 200 amp alternators would be more worth it? i have no idea how hard thatd be tho
For that you would need a dual alternator bracket, and you would also have more drag on the belt. For the cost of two plus that, you can find a larger single alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...