Im so excited!

mrjoeyjiffy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Woot! Tomorrow I shall be putting these 3 bad boys

1.jpg

into this awesome box vitveet built me

2.jpg

powered by my new amp(which hasn't blown up yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif )

3.jpg

i dont think my electrical will handle this well, but I am excited to hear how it sounds.

I had 2 ported, and I was listening to some music in a friends car who had a sealed box and it was just more enjoyable with music, especially since I listen to such a broad range I would prefer the bass to be a bit tighter, that and my old box was tuned a little lower than I shouldve down at like 32 hz. I am hoping for a flatter response this time around.

also the box is 43.5" wide, 14" high and 17" deep. 4.7 cubes before displacement i believe.

Got it all installed, it feels like its tearing my poor truck apart when i crank the volume //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif . Ill make some vids soon an post em up, hopefully i can get metered soon.

4.jpg

Got to really let em wang a bit earlier, really cranked it and my front stage amp went into protect mode, I think the cocksucker that rebuilt my alternator didnt do the big 3 like i told him to and its bottle necking my juice, it sounds so much cleaner and musical than my old ported box. Im gonna try to upgrade my big 3 in the next day or 2 then do some vids

Man, looks impressive! I like that amp rack you have, I like the way it tilts the amp a bit! Not so often you see a three woofer set-up, especially sealed. Most people doing more than two woofers are normally looking too do SPL set-ups, cool to see this sealed!

How does your front stage blend with it? What kinda power you throwing approximately to each woofer?

Well, I'm using the remote gain which is necessary to control the level of bass relative to the front stage. It blends very nice and sounds great with rock music and techno, with rap I definitely have to turn it down a bit so it blends, I'm very happy with the way it sounds, I think I'm going to go sealed from now on.

Throwing approximately 1000 to each woofer, I went with 3 because the gti's are dual 6 ohms so I had to do 3 to get the impedance down to 1 ohm. Very happy with it

overall and the new(well actually is really old but new to me) planet audio

amp makes my front stage scream and the mid bass is nice and punchy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mrjoeyjiffy

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
mrjoeyjiffy
Duuuuuuval
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date