I'm starting to get stress headaches because I can't decide

AcidikBass20
10+ year member

Bass Addict
My current system is in my signature. I wanna do an upgrade, a nice loud upgrade. I am prepared to get a new alternator if I need to, but I would rather just get batteries. The problem is I kinda have to keep my back seat. I am trying to figure out what setups while keeping my seat. I guess I could try and loose it but I like the room. I would wall it off but I do not like not being able to see behind me. My trunk is small enough as it is and it is really difficult to pack anything else in there.

I have been looking at Fi, DD,Earthquake, RE, AQ, Sundown, and DC Sound Labs. I wanna keep some SQ but I am looking to do the major upgrade on SPL. I don't know if 12"s would be able to do that. Maybe 15"s or 18"s, but how the hell do I put them in a small trunk?

Then comes the amplifier. I have looked into Earthquake, Stetsom, Hifonics, US Amps, Sundown, and IA. Still no idea what I wanna do. I want to get an amp that can push 2 big subs, and be able to push 2 different ones if I ever wanna change them out again. Stetsom 7k2d and Hifonics XXV Goliath are examples. I like sundown but I know if I go that route I would need to get two...****it.

I wanna keep my cost around 1800-2000 for about everything. If not, I'll have to do this in steps.

Ideas? Opinions? Trunk options? HELP!

I'm gonna try to bump this thread quite a bit because I need answers, so sorry if you see them all from me.

-Steve

Try a ported bandpass with 2 12s, port through the rear deck. From the avatar pick, you should have plenty of room . With the right box design it would be loud as hell.

if u need batts let me know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif my vote would be for some AA mayhems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif and some sundown amps

I'm starting to get a headache from reading all your F'ing threads. This is NOT biophysics, so quit making it so complicated. Pick a sub/amp and be done with it already...

I think we've all been where you're at at some point in our car stereo builds. Even in your trunk if you build the right box you won't need to spend so much on power, just good speakers. With a solid 3k the right box and good subs 145db + is probably doable. Does your car's back seat fold down and what kind of car is it? Below is a box we did recently with subs and port forward in a my friends car and it music's a 148db with 3k power at 43hz. Now our flared port that you can see is partly why it's so loud but you can do a slot port box with two good 15's facing forward and still get good result. But a problem might be do you have enough area for a box that big in your trunk?
MikeAlerobox-1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.