In-Dash Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpboothb

Can anyone give me some information on what a good In-Dash DVD player would be? It am not really concerned if it is an all-in-one unit or seperate units. I am well aware of what is out there, but it's always nice to here input from other people that aren't salesman.

If it matters, currently I have the following setup:

Head Unit - Pioneer 8200R

Speakers - 6" Boston Acoustic Components

Subs - 3 JL Audio W3-D2

Amplifiers - Orion HCCA 275G4(sub amp) and Orion XTR 800.4(front speakers)

Thanks for any input!

from an installer standpoint, the pioneer in dash dvd/screen is the best for ease of install, less componets means less complications, but this unit has two remotes that you have to keep up with, and no volume control on the unit, so if the batt. goes dead in remote, you can't turn it down. Alpine stuff is great, we sell both units, but there flipouts tend to stick every once in awhile, pio. has a better warr. Panasonic, well they just make good home tv's.

Thanks for the input! A friend of mine was telling me that the Kenwood Excelon KVT-910DVD was the way to go. He said it has all the features built in like the DVD and TV tuner. On top of that he just said it was an all around excellent head unit. What do you think of this one?

I don't sell kenwood at my store but from the kenwood units that i have installed, they are a little harder to control, meaning that it takes a little longer to learn the unit, the buttons on the unit are small, but i guess if you get use to the remote, you won't keed them, i owned a kenwood cd about 7 years ago and had great service from it, they had a couple of down years for a while, but they are coming back as a company. From an installer stand point, look for the best warranty, i.e. 1,2,or 3 yrs. These flipouts are relativly new to the product mix, (less than four yrs) and NO company has perfect the screen dives, so expect to have some trouble in the long run with the monitor fliping out. Alot of my customers will leave the monitor in and only flip it out to watch something, less use on the drives could make them last longer.

Originally posted by :from an installer standpoint, the pioneer in dash dvd/screen is the best for ease of install, less componets means less complications, but this unit has two remotes that you have to keep up with, and no volume control on the unit, so if the batt. goes dead in remote, you can't turn it down. Alpine stuff is great, we sell both units, but there flipouts tend to stick every once in awhile, pio. has a better warr. Panasonic, well they just make good home tv's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

bpboothb

bpboothb
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views