In dire need of help

Luther1288

Hi guys! This may be somewhat of a long post but I'm in dire need of your help.

I had my system installed in my Dodge Ram 1500 back in 2012. Alpine X Power Amp 5 channel (50x4/200) , 10" Alpine Type S sub (50-300 watts RMS, 150 watts per voice coil), 6.5 alpine components in the front doors (110w rms/330 peak), and 5.25 Alpine 2 way coax in the back (90 rms/270 peak).

My amp would go into protect mode so I brought it to a local installer who tested out each channel and told me my amp is no good (so he says lol) I had a brand new Alpine MRP -F300 v power (50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 Ohms, 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms) from years ago I never used. He said that amp will work so he installed everything existing into the new amp. I guess he bridged the components and coaxial. The highs sound great but the bass but kick anymore.

So I guess my questions and concerns are: - Are my speakers and subs compatible with the new amp?

-The bass doesn't kick as hard anymore so he suggested I install my other brand new amp. Kicker zx400 mono (200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms) (400 watts x 1 at 2 ohms) and also run an external equalizer to the amps cuz he said the amp might be too powerful for my single 10" sub.

Sorry I am very new to all of this. I hope I explained my situation as clearly as possible.

if u are saying u will keep other amp on speakers, a new sub amp may be better any way but make sure rcas aren't bad on old one 1st they mess up alot.. and check gain on amp maybe to low to sub or sub could be messing up and new amp won't help that.. as far as new amp being to strong if sub is rated at 300rms 400 is fine most peeps here run 2-3x rated power to subs u just set gain properly.. if your sub is a d2 wired to 4 ohm the amp u said is only 200 if sub is d4 wired to 2 ohm u get 400 u don't need xover as long as the amp has a lp xover for the sub.. u can buy amps online as we do for less than he charges probably and just pay him $60 to install.. u can get pretty nice jbl 500 for like $99 they actually tested over 800rms @2 ohm u can get weaker amp but i say get that and get 2 new subs we can help u shop, we good at spending other peeps $.. if he bridged 2 set of speakers well that may be to low of an ohm load, he should have ran 2 speakers per channel 2 ohm stereo, if u can't fade front to back thats probably what he did and u should be able to see + - + - 4 wires coming off 2 channels of amp like that and then other 2 channel bridged to sub.. we can also find u a nice 4 channel give us budget (whats he charging u for amp? we can probably get u new one similar price or even new 5 channel)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rxh-f5/

This amp is awesome for a low price. They are a middle of the line series made by Rockford Fosgate. Clear, distortion free to max volume. 100 RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms and 700 RMS x1 @ 4 ohms/1000 RMS @ 2 ohms. I was using 2 Alpine v series amps and this nasty bugger sounds better, cleaner, and has more audio depth than they did. I did not expect the results at all.

https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/rxh-f5/ This amp is awesome for a low price. They are a middle of the line series made by Rockford Fosgate. Clear, distortion free to max volume. 100 RMS x 4 @ 4 ohms and 700 RMS x1 @ 4 ohms/1000 RMS @ 2 ohms. I was using 2 Alpine v series amps and this nasty bugger sounds better, cleaner, and has more audio depth than they did. I did not expect the results at all.
Rockville and Rockford Fosgate are not related in the slightest bit.

Rockville and Rockford Fosgate are not related in the slightest bit.
Then I have learned something new. The concensus at almost all of the stores in my area are that Rockford Fosgate owns Rockville. If I am wrong, I apologize. However, their new line of amps perform extremely well for their price range. I agree that they are not top of the line, but many of us cannot afford that. And at this company's price range, I think one is hard pressed to find similar quality.

Hi guys! This may be somewhat of a long post but I'm in dire need of your help.
I had my system installed in my Dodge Ram 1500 back in 2012. Alpine X Power Amp 5 channel (50x4/200) , 10" Alpine Type S sub (50-300 watts RMS, 150 watts per voice coil), 6.5 alpine components in the front doors (110w rms/330 peak), and 5.25 Alpine 2 way coax in the back (90 rms/270 peak).

My amp would go into protect mode so I brought it to a local installer who tested out each channel and told me my amp is no good (so he says lol) I had a brand new Alpine MRP -F300 v power (50 watts RMS x 4 at 4 Ohms, 75 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms) from years ago I never used. He said that amp will work so he installed everything existing into the new amp. I guess he bridged the components and coaxial. The highs sound great but the bass but kick anymore.

So I guess my questions and concerns are: - Are my speakers and subs compatible with the new amp?

-The bass doesn't kick as hard anymore so he suggested I install my other brand new amp. Kicker zx400 mono (200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms) (400 watts x 1 at 2 ohms) and also run an external equalizer to the amps cuz he said the amp might be too powerful for my single 10" sub.

Sorry I am very new to all of this. I hope I explained my situation as clearly as possible.
if u are saying u will keep other amp on speakers, a new sub amp may be better any way but make sure rcas aren't bad on old one 1st they mess up alot.. and check gain on amp maybe to low to sub or sub could be messing up and new amp won't help that.. as far as new amp being to strong if sub is rated at 300rms 400 is fine most peeps here run 2-3x rated power to subs u just set gain properly.. if your sub is a d2 wired to 4 ohm the amp u said is only 200 if sub is d4 wired to 2 ohm u get 400 u don't need xover as long as the amp has a lp xover for the sub.. u can buy amps online as we do for less than he charges probably and just pay him $60 to install.. u can get pretty nice jbl 500 for like $99 they actually tested over 800rms @2 ohm u can get weaker amp but i say get that and get 2 new subs we can help u shop, we good at spending other peeps $.. if he bridged 2 set of speakers well that may be to low of an ohm load, he should have ran 2 speakers per channel 2 ohm stereo, if u can't fade front to back thats probably what he did and u should be able to see + - + - 4 wires coming off 2 channels of amp like that and then other 2 channel bridged to sub.. we can also find u a nice 4 channel give us budget (whats he charging u for amp? we can probably get u new one similar price or even new 5 channel)
Wow... I've got a headache now!.. maybe a new glasses prescription is in order... lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.