In need of help building my dream car audio.. here's what I feel I should run!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lewdog77

So basically I'm an audio enthusiast and I'm in love with quality sound and bass.. I used to have an old system back in high school two 12 Kenwood tornados and some cheap Kenwood speakers to boot.. anyway it hit hard but sound quality and good bass definitely lacked.. now them I'm older and make my own money I'd like to turn my car audio into something that more exciting that my riders with compliment and I will love.. so here we go

I'm looking for a build that is both SQ and Spl.. I know I can't perfect both but basically I'd like to be able to turn my bass down low at times and enjoy crisp music other times I want to be able to really boom.. here's what I have in mind for my build and I'd like suggestions on how I could change it to achieve what I'm looking for and if it will work. And yes I don't really want to switch from jl audioxide although I probably could get the same for cheaper.. I just love jl

Here we go HU 8200 Nex by Pioneer

Dash JL Audio C2-350x 3.5in 2 way

Doors and tweeters JL Audio ZR650‑CSi

Back speakers JL Audio C2-690 TX 6x9

Subwoofer JL Audio 13.5 W7

SLASH 1V3 1200 MONO for the subwoofer

Basically I'm not sure on which other amps with work with my setup do I need 2 more? Or can I run an 8 channel amplifier, which capacitator should I get? Any thing else I need besides wire and ground block please help me out! Thanks for any feedback I'm looking to start my system build right away! Any ideas or opinions let me know.. just know I am a JL fan loved them since I first heard them

You are going about it all wrong. The C2 is not a good set of speakers. JL don't have a tweeter worth a crap in a 2 way setup. You can like them all you want but you will be disappointed if you know what music supposed to sound like. Don't overcomplicate it. Learn more before you waste a ton of money. Get out and listen, find something you like. We can help you build it.

You do not want caps period. You'll want to put a good quality AGM battery up front and if you need more add a high output alternator or an additional AGM battery somewhere else.

Ditch the speakers on the dash and rear if you intend for this to sound good and focus more of your effort and money into sound deadening, sealing the doors if you plan to mount in the doors or creating (or buying) custom kick panels, or otherwise improving the location of your fronts. Nothing wrong with the JL lineup, their speakers generally sound nice and their amps are reliable and perform as advertised.

Whatever you do DO NOT buy a prefab box, get someone who knows what they're doing to build a box or build one yourself!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.