In The Market For A Good Media Receiver

Participant count
  • Participant list

Anomaly

Those who have read my previous threads know that my setup is anything but ordinary, as I have had to adapt it to the harsh real-world environment of an over-the-road tractor-trailer truck. I have been using an Alpine CDA-9884 with an iPod, patched out to a home theatre receiver powered by an inverter installed in the rig.

I wound up making an impromptu company/truck change recently, where I ran into a problem transplanting my setup into my new ride. The receiver still works fine after almost 10 years, but my iPod has gone out to lunch. It, too, is at least 10 years old. Not sure I want to bother with it after replacing the hard drive once already. I feel it is time to move on / upgrade to better. Not to mention I have no love for Apple or for iTunes, I simply received the iPod as a gift years ago and it has served me well.

Before I invest in a new head unit, does anyone know if there is a way to adapt a USB / microSD to the Alpine's iPod control without the no-longer-manufactured KCA-620M? I have only found a European solution which uses the AI-NET interface, but have been told it will not work with my US model, I'm not inclined to spend a lot of time researching this, as I am fairly confident nothing currently manufactured for US models will be compatible with my 2008 head unit. But if someone knows of something, please let me know.

That being said, I am leaning towards a digital media receiver, preferably with Bluetooth capability. I am considering the Kenwood KMM-BT315U. Has anyone had experience with this receiver, or know someone who has?

Also, if anyone is interested, once I replace the Alpine, it may be available. It works great and the CD player has rarely been used.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.